This weekend I had to create exams for my three courses. Who knew that studying for an exam/writing an exam was MORE FUN than making one? Jeez – this called for some SERIOUS procrastination. So begins the story of “LE FORT”.
(Emily and Lindsay are hanging out in the kitchen.)
Lindsay (excitedly): EMILY! Do you want to build a fort with me?
Emily (with a “are you crazy?” look on her face): Ugh….no thanks.
Lindsay (truthfully): It will make you happy! I promise.
Emily: No. I’m making soup. I will watch you build one later.
Lindsay: Ya, ya…..
(Lindsay exits to the living room and starts to assemble a structure using chairs, pillows, blankets and pashminas. Emily enters, in shock!)
Emily: OH MY GOSH. (Insert giggling). LINDS! You are actually making a fort?!!
Lindsay: I told you I was going to…..
And so we built a fort. Together, we assembled a five-star hide-out, complete with a dining table, interior lighting, spy wall, tea portal, flag posts and signage. Of course, serious procrastination continued with the formation of “LE FORT COMMANDMENTS”, signed by all ELK LODGE members, and a secret entry code (between you & me: it's a personalized ELK noise, plus antlers). To celebrate our new getaway in the living room, we hosted (well….I hosted) a tea and treat party in LE FORT. HILARIOUS! Building a fort at age 5 is not nearly as fun as building a fort at age 23. For the wiser readers, try it! I’ll be waiting for your feedback :) Until then, tonight we lay inside the fort, wondering how to tell the cleaning lady “not to take down the fort”. She comes tomorrow morning. Hmm….I will google the Arabic word for “fort” now….
Happy building!
Love Lou
xoxo
(Emily and Lindsay are hanging out in the kitchen.)
Lindsay (excitedly): EMILY! Do you want to build a fort with me?
Emily (with a “are you crazy?” look on her face): Ugh….no thanks.
Lindsay (truthfully): It will make you happy! I promise.
Emily: No. I’m making soup. I will watch you build one later.
Lindsay: Ya, ya…..
(Lindsay exits to the living room and starts to assemble a structure using chairs, pillows, blankets and pashminas. Emily enters, in shock!)
Emily: OH MY GOSH. (Insert giggling). LINDS! You are actually making a fort?!!
Lindsay: I told you I was going to…..
And so we built a fort. Together, we assembled a five-star hide-out, complete with a dining table, interior lighting, spy wall, tea portal, flag posts and signage. Of course, serious procrastination continued with the formation of “LE FORT COMMANDMENTS”, signed by all ELK LODGE members, and a secret entry code (between you & me: it's a personalized ELK noise, plus antlers). To celebrate our new getaway in the living room, we hosted (well….I hosted) a tea and treat party in LE FORT. HILARIOUS! Building a fort at age 5 is not nearly as fun as building a fort at age 23. For the wiser readers, try it! I’ll be waiting for your feedback :) Until then, tonight we lay inside the fort, wondering how to tell the cleaning lady “not to take down the fort”. She comes tomorrow morning. Hmm….I will google the Arabic word for “fort” now….
Happy building!
Love Lou
xoxo
2 comments:
Oh my kids would love you! My dad used to do that with us. I try really hard to not groan when my kids do it as I know I am going to be the one folding them up after, as their folding amounts to crumpling in a pile!
Happy Fort Building!
This needs to go in the movie version of your upcoming book (memoir) xo
Post a Comment